Monday, March 2, 2009

Bay Side Tavern 2-10-09

After work takeing down trees on cottage row all mourning it didn't take much prodding to decide to go to the Slyde for hot wings, it was about 2 in the afternoon and not many people in the bar. We didn't see any waiter people, so we sat at the sunny side of the bar. It's kind of a typical wi bar two u shaped bars together with a couple of big screen tv's some tables along the walls and one in the middle of the room in front as you walk in the door. The back side of the bar tends to be a little darker so I like the front part. One of the perks to my job is meeting the people behind the bar and behind the scenes sort of, like the waiting staff, cooks, suppliers, dishwashers. It takes a lot of stuff to happen to get those scrumptious wings and drinks in front of me, which i am learning and appreciating as i go. I have met some very interesting people and good friends in this industry and I hope that will cotinue as I am one Lucky sob..!!
Bill and Ted's most excellant adventures were behind the bar, They are cool and among DC's best at what they do. I know I'm a pain in the ass cause I drink a lot-o-tea sometimes with my wings and they keep em comming. If your lucky Ted will break out in a rendition of Elvis, Try to catch him at the end of the nite for a now or never or other top ten Ted's (Elvis) hits!!
I really liked the wings, They were meaty and not a lot of sauce on them, Just how i like em!
Its funny how Paul and I differ on a few things but ends up the same Total points, so far...Later.

Dave--Paul
Service 9 __ 8
Style, crispiness 8 __ 8
Atmosphere 8 __ 9
Wings 9 __ 9
Heat, Sauce's 8 __ 9
Beers n Drinks 8 __ 7
Price Per 8 __ 8

Dave 58 out of 70
Paul 58 out of 70

for the other wingman -Paul N-, this was the best wing visit to date. Even though i'm a huge fan of the Slyde, the wings were crispy, hot, and filling!!!! I was alittle disappointed not to see the man, the myth, the legend--LOGGER, but it was only 2 in the afternoon. The two o'clock lunch crowd was alittle slow but we chatted with the chef which definately made the experience, he also played on an undefeated vball team with my fellow wingman -Dave W-... BAYSIDE is the birthplace where the wingmen came up with this wing idea, and will hold all other critques accountable.





No comments:

Post a Comment